Germany Education boxes have been developed for primary, secondary and professional schools. Rotary Clubs all over Germany donate these boxes…
Awareness & education across the Full Lifecycle of Plastic
It starts with education, the children, the younger generation, and awareness for everyone:
- Understanding the real problem: Microplastics never go away and are everywhere around us:
- In plankton the oceans worldwide – plankton is at the start of our food chain. Plankton is responsible for ±60% of the carbon dioxide absorption capacity of our planet. The functioning of plankton has reduced with about 40% in the past 15 years. This has an impact on climate change.
- Plankton is also responsible for 60-70% of the oxygen production on our planet: the oceans are our lungs.
- Microplastics impact biodiversity on land and in the oceans, killing marine live and other animals.
- Being aware of the impact on our health: Microplastics are in the air and in our bodies, threatening our health. More research is needed to understand the impact on the unborn child, our hormone system and brain diseases.
- Avoiding the problem: burning waste to energy and plastic recycling are not the solution. We need to rethink our economy and our consumption behavior: start ‘upstream’ in a holistic way, reduce the use of new plastic and create a new plastics circular economy, becoming ‘regenerative’ for all materials and resources.